Homebuyer Tip: Knock on Wood — literally

The first thing you need to know when checking wood in your new home or home-to-be is that appearances can be deceiving. How a wooden beam looks like, for example, has no bearing on its condition. A perfect-looking beam or wood trim may hide a rotting interior, courtesy of termites and wear and tear due to extreme temperatures.

Go check it out!

| 0 comments ]



I've always admired the Suzuki Jimny. It's roomy even for a compact 4x4, and its engine is powerful enough to get you out of tough spots.

My former boss and colleague, Jojo Robles, owned one, and I had the pleasure of riding shotgun. My first impression was, "good maneuverability," as I watched Jojo weave through downtown Manila traffic and ankle-deep water in the city's flooded streets. The Suzuki Jimny's size is indeed deceptive.

If I had the money to spend on a personal vehicle (by personal, I mean something I can use only for myself), I'd probably buy the Suzuki Jimny.

Here's an excerpt from a short review on Tsikot.ph:

Even in stock condition, the Jimny is a real performer off-road, outperforming bigger SUVs and 4x4s in climbing hills and crawling through mud and sand ... Switching to 4x4 is smooth and easy. Its short body and narrow wheelbase make it great for navigating tight sections, and the suspension can take heavy abuse with only reasonable bumpiness.

0 comments

Post a Comment