Homebuyer Tip: Knock on Wood — literally

The first thing you need to know when checking wood in your new home or home-to-be is that appearances can be deceiving. How a wooden beam looks like, for example, has no bearing on its condition. A perfect-looking beam or wood trim may hide a rotting interior, courtesy of termites and wear and tear due to extreme temperatures.

Go check it out!

| 4 comments ]

If you're a car aficionado, it's impossible for you to have missed this great television commercial on the debut of the Toyota Corolla Altis featuring Hollywood hunk Brad Pitt.

Yes, I know, guys shouldn't care about Brad Pitt's endorsement of a car brand, but you've got to hand it to the guys that conceptualized the commercial. They knew Brad could convey the message that driving a Toyota Corolla Altis is either cool or makes one look cool.

Brad Pitt isn't the only selling factor of this classic car commercial. There's also the theme song, Shake Your Bon-Bon by Ricky Martin. Here's an excerpt from the lyrics:

I'm a desperado
Underneath your window
I see your silhouette
Are you my Juliet
I feel a mad connection
With your body
Shake your bon-bon
Shake your bon-bon
Shake your bon-bon

Not much impact there, but if you listen to the song, you'd probably agree with me that Brad Pitt plus a catchy tune made waves for the sales of the Toyota Corolla Altis back in the early 2000s. Oh, just check out the video:

4 comments

Apartment Guide said... @ April 11, 2009 at 3:31 PM

is it really brad pitt?

nice video

voiceofbragg said... @ November 30, 2009 at 4:41 AM

Are you interseted in someone dropping Entrecards for you for a very low price a day, if so please email me at randy.bragg@yahoo.com and let me know how much is good for you and i will drop from 250 to 300 everyday. Thanks for you time. I will stop taking orders after I get 100 people to drop for.

Frequent Flyer said... @ January 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM

lol - I remember that commercial and you're right - it probably DID sell lots of cars!

Best Honeymoon Hotel And Resort said... @ January 17, 2010 at 6:33 PM

wow cool the car looks fit with him :D

Post a Comment